Get ready for a boom in prevention. Many benefits will be covered. But which?
Health plans established on or after Sept. 23, 2010 will need to cover preventive services rated “A” or “B” by the U.S. Preventive Services Task Force. Ditto Medicare/Medicaid by January 1, 2011.
Which services are those for You? Fill in the quick blanks below: it shows “A” and “B”.
No copays, deductibles and coinsurance amounts will be due. That’s for
- Mammograms, colonoscopies and other cancer screenings.
- Blood pressure, diabetes and cholesterol screening.
- Lifestyle counseling (quitting smoking, losing weight, eating better, treating depression and reducing alcohol use).
- Counseling and screening for healthy pregnancies.
- Flu and pneumonia vaccines
- Regular well baby and well child visits
Older private employer plans are exempt or grandfathered, if they don’t change their plans. But most will. 70 percent will probably lose their exemption or grandfather status by 2013.
Next: grants for employee wellness.