Bring out the sweetness, and maximize the health benefits of radishes by roasting this jewel-hued veggie in garlic. Roasting draws out a mildly sweet juice that tempers the peppery flavor of radishes. The garlic and butter (or ghee, if you prefer) blend perfectly with this hidden sweetness, giving the roasted radish a delectable aroma and flavor. Enjoy this healthy recipe over salads, served as a side dish to a roasted or grilled main course, or as a snack.
1 lb. radishes, ends trimmed and halved
1 Tbsp. melted ghee or butter (vegan option: use coconut oil or avocado oil)
1/2 tsp. sea salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
2–3 garlic cloves, finely minced
1/4 tsp. dried parsley, dried chives or dried dill
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- In a bowl, combine the radishes, melted ghee or butter, salt and pepper and toss until radishes are evenly coated. Save
- adding the minced garlic until just before the radishes are done roasting.
- Spread radishes out in a large 9×13 inch baking dish. Don’t over crowd.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, tossing every 10 or so minutes.
- Add the minced garlic and dried parsley and bake for an additional 5 minutes or until radishes are golden brown and cooked through.
- Optional: Serve with a side of ranch dressing for dipping or drizzle on top and garnish with parsley, dill or chives.
For weekly EcoMedicine advice and my exclusive, free ebook on how to be less stressed and happier using nature, subscribe to my email list: https://www.drjohnlapuma.com/join-our-community/