Personalized Programs for Difficult Personal Medical Problems (Anxiety, Obesity, Stress etc).
Dr. La Puma’s consultation can offer you a food, fitness and nature-based personalized program for your difficult personal medical problem (below), when other methods appear to have failed.
After a record review and medical history, you can expect an evidence-based eating, fitness and lifestyle plan designed to help you become well.
People with the following conditions who are accepted as patients can look forward to Dr. La Puma’s personal consultation to help them look and feel better with what they eat and how they live.
- Digestive Disorders (IBD, IBS, GERD/Reflux, Stomach Aches)
- Heart Disease
- Low Testosterone (Men)
- Obesity and Overweight
- Stress, Chronic
Dr. La Puma is a board-certified specialist in internal medicine, formerly a Clinical Associate Professor of Medicine at the University of Chicago, and an international leader in his fields of nutrition and weight control.
The Wall Street Journal and The New York Times have reported Dr. La Puma’s work in food as medicine and lifestyle change (for cholesterol control and weight management). The New York Times Op Ed page has featured his work in helping men get healthy naturally without testosterone, and followed his Op-Ed with an endorsing, next-day editorial.
Dr. La Puma has been named the only physician on Santa Barbara Magazine’s Best List. His clinical work and programs have also been locally featured by The Santa Barbara Independent, the Santa Barbara NewsPress, 805Living and the UCSB Magazine Coastlines. His clinical work has been nationally featured by The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, Dr. Oz, NBC, CBS, ABC, PBS, and major online news portals.
Santa Barbara Nutrition Doctor – Healthy Eating Plans and Programs
- Download your Eating Day Book Form, copy three times and bring three days, completed, to your first visit.
- Download your Registration Form, complete and bring to your first visit.
- Download your Metabolic Assessment Tool, complete and bring to your first visit.
- Download our Arbitration Agreement, review, sign and bring to your first visit.
- Download your Athlete’s Nutrition Questionnaire: review, sign and bring to your first visit.
To learn more, contact Barbara or Thomas in Dr. La Puma’s office.